Monday, January 6, 2014

DIY Chalkboard Sign

It seems like everyone these days has chalkboard signs. I've wanted one for a while and I was just going to go the easy route and order one online. I am totally not crafty at all (even though I try to be) lol. But this is so easy that anyone could do it!

What you'll need:
Surface for your chalkboard- ex. a framed picture or piece of wood ($?)
Chalkboard paint ($5.38)


I was planning on going to my local Goodwill to look for a frame but then I came across an extra piece of wood that we had at my office.



If you have a frame without any kind of backing you will need to cut cardboard (or anything of your choice) to fit your frame. First I cleaned my piece of wood thoroughly- if your surface is plastic or glass I recommend lightly sanding. Then I laid down 2 pieces of cardboard so that I didn't ruin my floors while spraying.


I put an old sheet overtop of the cardboard and sprayed my piece of wood. Make sure you spray in a ventilated area and/or have a fan running.

 
I did about 4 layers for it to finally look like this.
 




And voila! After letting it dry for a day, I now have my own chalkboard sign and it cost me next to nothing :)

 

I plan on putting this on the shelf I have on my back porch with some plants and lanterns ...
(tealight lantern, shelving unit, candleholder lantern)
 


XoXo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Hello Bar