Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Wedding Wednesday, Cake Tasting

When we booked our venue (The Vandiver Inn), the price we paid included most everything including a wedding coordinator and THE CAKE! The Vandiver has a great relationship with Desserts by Rita (a local company that make simply the best cakes e.v.e.r.)! I love that everything was stress free for me. Jon and I literally just showed up to the cake shop, tasted and picked our favorite flavors, designed the cake, and voila nothing left for me to do. The Vandiver and Desserts by Rita have everything taken care of and I don't need to worry about payment or anything the day of the wedding.

When we arrived to the shop I have to say we were a little shocked. It's a tiny little place on Rt40 on a big parking lot so it looks like it's kind of just sitting in the middle of nowhere. When we walked in it felt like an old town bakery. It wasn't modern but boy did all the desserts look good. And the smell. OH EM GEE my mouth started watering.



We tasted about 5 or 6 different cakes and I have to admit it was very hard to choose a flavor because everything was delicious. The chocolate raspberry cake was my favorite so we chose that for our top tier... the tier that Jon and I will eat on our 1 year anniversary. Then we chose a lemon cake for the middle tier... it was so good and refreshing; we think everyone will enjoy it especially at our summer wedding. We chose a simple vanilla and chocolate cake as our bottom tier because we figured we can't go wrong with that... who doesn't like chocolate or vanilla cake?  The best part about the tasting is that we got to take the leftovers home! 



Designing the cake was pretty simple. I knew I wanted something classic and elegant. We also used the colors of the wedding (Gold and Seafoam). I won't share all of the details though to leave it as a surprise on our wedding day :)


XoXo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Hello Bar