... using mini bell peppers instead of tortilla chips! These are vegetarian but could also be made vegan by taking out the sour cream and cheese. They were so easy to make and although I ate these as my dinner, I think they would be great served as appetizers at a football game this upcoming season!
What you'll need:
1. A bag of mini sweet peppers
2. Shredded cheese (I used Mexican blend but cheddar would be good too)
3. Sour cream
4. Small can of corn
5. Can of re fried beans
6. Salsa (However hot you like- keep in mind that the beans and cheese will down play it)
7. Jalapeno slices
What to do:
1. Wash your peppers.
2. Combine re fried beans, corn, 2 large spoonfuls of sour cream, 2 large spoonfuls of salsa, and handful of shredded cheese. Cook on low to medium heat for 10 minutes or so.
3. Cut peppers in half and clean out the seeds.
4. Fill each pepper with the re fried bean mix and top with shredded cheese. Cook at 350 degrees for 5 minutes.
5. They're done! Top with jalapeno slices and enjoy :)