Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Quick Work Week Meal Ideas

During the week I am out of the house 10 hours each day due to work. After I get home and let my dogs out, get them fed, and do a few quick chores- all I want to do is eat and relax! Here are 2 quick and easy meal ideas for all of you who are in the same boat I'm in :)

1. Taco salad. All you need is romaine lettuce, shredded cheese, salsa, sour cream, can of pinto beans, and taco seasoning. First I threw my pinto beans in a pot over medium heat and seasoned with taco seasoning. While that was cooking I spread the romaine on my plate and topped it with a dollop of sour cream, 2 large spoonfuls of salsa, and a handful of shredded cheese. When my beans were nice and soft I added some of them to my plate! Mmmm soo good



2. Salmon with dill sauce and peach salad. For the salmon you will need olive oil, salt, pepper, plain yogurt, lemon juice, and dried dill. For the salad you will need 1 large peach, 1/2 red onion, mixed greens, feta cheese, garlic croutons, and balsalmic dressing. For the salad I think it's pretty obvious- just combine all ingredients. For the salmon I put it on a baking pan and sprinkled with olive oil, salt, and pepper and cooked for about 20 minutes at 375. I used about a cup of plain yogurt, the juice from 1 lemon, and dried dill to taste for the dill sauce. When the salmon was done I poured the sauce on top! 


Both of these dishes were delicious and will definitely be go-to meals in the future. Note: my husband loved the peach salad which is so unlike him so that just goes to show how good it was!

Oh and while I'm at it, let me share this apple cider sangria recipe that I made with the salmon. All you need is 6 cups of apple cider, 2 apples chopped, 1 bottle of pinot grigio, and 1 cup of caramel vodka. I cut the recipe in half because it was just for me and my husband but I would definitely use the whole recipe for more than just 2 people. Here's what half of the recipe looks like:



Want to remember these recipes for the future? Pin it to Pinterest!

XoXo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Hello Bar