Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Coffee&Glitter

Well, hi there Life As A Baltimore Girl readers. My name is Sarah and I blog over at Coffee&Glitter. I am so excited to be guest blogging for Justine while she is enjoying her time as a newlywed honeymooning! 

I am a 23 year old newbie blogger hailing from sunny Sarasota, Florida. I started a teacher blog in July 2014 but, when my life took an unexpected turn for the better, I decided to stop teaching-at least for now. I  started to really love and enjoy blogging but, due to this change, I decided that it would be best to not bog my teacher friends down with random ramblings, Pinterest projects and decor ideas which is when Coffee&Glitter started. 


Assuming that you may not know me, I have decided to share some of my deepest darkest confessions with you-and a yummy homemade soup recipe!

Here we go:

"These are my confessions.."

1. Usher will never get old to me...ever! 

2. Although I have lived in Florida since I was 5, I will never say that I am "from" Florida. I was born in Tennessee and those TN roots are deeply instilled in me! 

3. I have a love affair with Dunkin' Donuts Blueberry Iced Coffee-Starbucks is just too overrated for this girl!


4. It has been 5 years since I have drank a soda

5. I have a very irrational fear of clowns, spiders and birds. 

6. I love to open all the doors and windows so that it is really cold in the house then pile up all the blankets to stay warm.

7. I watch the Ellen show everyday. I love her. 

8. Thai food is my fav. I could eat it every day. 

9. I whole heartedly believe in 'Christmas Miracles'

10. I am obsessed with my dogs. Like, they go with me everywhere. 


11. The only candles I will buy are the three-wick ones from Bath and Body Works.

12. I headline my own concerts...in the shower..and car..daily.

 13. I throughly enjoy watching trashy reality shows...Real Housewives, Vanderpump Rules, Teen Mom 2, etc. 

14. Wine. I just love it. 

15. True life: I am addicted to scarves. 


16. I am a self titled chef! One of my favorite recipes is Homemade Butternut Squash Soup


Lately, it has been pretty 'Florida Cold'. I have constantly been craving a rich savory soup. I went to the store with the intention of buying one of those boxed or canned soups but, they all sounded gross to me so, I bought a squash and went home to concoct! Here's what I came up with:

You Will Need:
1 2lb butternut squash peeled and cubed
3/4 cup heavy cream
1 1/2 TBS brown sugar
1 TBS butter
1 TBS cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
pinch of ginger
pinch of salt

Steps To A Yummy Soup:
Set oven to 400 degrees. 
Lay squash out on a baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil. Season with salt and pepper to taste. When oven is ready, place squash in the oven for 45-55 minutes flipping once halfway through. 
When done, squash should be lightly browned and soft.
Place squash in a pot with heavy cream. Blend with an immersion blender for 3 minutes or until smooth. 
Let simmer for 5-8 minutes. Add the rest of the ingredients and stir well. 
Allow to simmer for 30 minutes. 
Serve warm and top with an extra dash of nutmeg. 

A huge thank you to Justine for allowing me to guest post and I hope to see you around Coffee&Glitter

-Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Hello Bar