Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Restaurant Review, Brunch at The Milton Inn

Name: The Milton Inn


Location: 14833 York Road Sparks, MD 21152 Okay so this place is a little off the radar if you are in the city but I promise it is oh so worth it. If you hop on York Road and head North it should take you about 25 minutes to get there. 

Prices: I'm going to start off by saying that our total bill was just a bit over $100. We first ordered drinks... a German beer ($8) for Jon and a mimosa ($10) for me. Way overpriced if you ask me! But to justify the mimosa, it was served in a large wine glass rather than a champagne flute. Appetizers went up to $16 for crab dip and entrees were in the $16-$32 range.


Food: For our appetizer we were considering the crab dip but for just 2 more dollars, we split the lobster mac and cheese which was technically an entree. The lobster mac was absolutely delicious and I would definitely recommend it. It was perfectly creamy and baked with bread crumbs on top!

Jon decided to go with the steak and eggs but he's not a fan of goat cheese so he requested for his eggs to be poached rather than scrambled. He loved his choice (although his steak was cooked a tad overdone than he'd prefer)! 


I went with the zucchini "crab cake" and omg vegetarians AND meat lovers are sure to love this dish. It had me at "white bean salad" because I absolutely adore white beans. The entire meal was something to rave about but I just have to say the fried onions on top of my salad were to die for.



Ambiance: The old mansion was decked out in holiday decor and it felt so cozy and historic. They are a couple of dining rooms on the left and right when you walk through the front door. Toward the back is the bar area where they offer small plates instead of large entrees. It appears that they also have a covered patio which I'm sure is open during warmer weather. Tables were set with white linens and a candle. Service was impeccable and servers dress formal. 


XoXo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Hello Bar