Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Terrariums!

I'm currently obsessed with terrariums (mini greenhouses). They've seemed to be all the rage for a while now but I'm just jumping on the bandwagon. I've been doing my research and they are pretty easy to make and REALLY easy to maintain! Sign me up.


All you need is a container, rocks/pebbles, charcoal, soil, and plants. You layer them like the photo below. Not much to it, see? Now as far as upkeep goes, if your container is closed {has a lid} you do not have to water your plants very often. If your container is open, they say to spray your plants with water every few days or once a week.


I'm currently trying to find a container so that I can make mine. It will be on my kitchen table so I want an over sized and dramatic look. But I also don't want to break the bank. I have a feeling I will be doing some searching over the weekend. 

Here are a few that have caught my eye {at varying price points}:












Have you jumped on the terrarium bandwagon yet? I'll update ya'll once I choose a container and get mine going! I'm not even sure what plants I want to use yet but I'm thinking a mix of cacti and succulents.

XoXo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Hello Bar