Friday, February 27, 2015

Celebrating a Milestone

I am unable to take part in today's "Five on Friday" because I am celebrating a milestone. I haven't shared much about my career on this little blog of mine but I am the Vice Controller of Accounting and Logistics for a family owned textiles recycling company. My grandmother has been with this company for 42 years, earning her the title of Executive Vice President and today she officially retires. I admire her drive and work ethic and am so excited to celebrate this day with her. Here is a little excerpt of the official notice our President is sending out to honor her:

"It is with regret but warm wishes that I officially announce the retirement of our Comptroller Ruth _, who after 42 years of working with my family has decided that it is time to take a step back in order to spend more time with her family, including her nine grandchildren. The number of years of this association speaks for itself and anyone who has worked with Ruth over the years can understand how difficult slowing down will be. She is the last person who would want a lot of pomp and ceremony around this milestone, and I want to be respectful of her wishes for a simple acknowledgement of this life change. We are sure you all can understand how special Ruth has been for us professionally and personally through the years...."


XoXo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Hello Bar