Thursday, April 9, 2015

The Gathering Testimony

Have ya'll seen Fixer Upper on HGTV? I'm obsessed. Chip and Joanna Gaines are so cute and they make even cuter babies... and houses! I admire their work and use a lot of their renovations as inspiration for my own home. In fact I have been eyeing this crown tray from their store Magnolia for a while now, but I don't know where I would use it. Maybe outside on my patio table? Yes, problem solved! 



Anyways, you get to know pieces of Chip and Joanna's personal life on their show and I just absolutely love them. One thing I didn't know though, was their relationship with God. They've just never talked about it on Fixer Upper. So when Joanna's online testimony video went viral, it really showed a different side of her. Her spiritual side. She describes her relationship with God and how she has trusted Him when it comes to her meaning in life {and as you can see, it has worked out pretty well for her}.


Don't we all struggle with that? Don't we all wonder what we are "supposed to be" doing? What we are "meant to" do? I know I do. I struggle with it all the time and it has caused a great deal of anxiety in my life. Maybe it's because I am currently in a time of transition {in limbo}... I do not have any children yet, my career is not really moving forward {but it is still really great}, and I honestly do not have any serious dreams that I want to pursue. 


Are you currently in a state of limbo? Are you in a place where you don't know what to do? Or are you in a tough situation where things just don't seem to be going your way? Trust in God that this is what you need right now. Because after all, when we make plans... God laughs. He laughs because He has a greater plan. So create a relationship with Him and trust it. Thank you Joanna for sharing your testimony in a time that I needed to be reminded of God's will. Maybe that was his plan?


XoXo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Hello Bar