Tuesday, June 2, 2015

The Babysitting Chronicles {& a free desktop/printable}

Saturday night I watched our niece Emma. We've had her for an evening or two before but this time Jon had to work so I was all on my own. I'm no stranger to babysitting though... I grew up with lots of younger cousins, a niece and a nephew, babysitting neighborhood kids, and my mother had an in-home daycare from the time I was 4 years old {still does... we all love children!}. But I was a little anxious to see how it would go having Emma by myself. It was a lot of fun and she is such an easy little girl! We did sidewalk chalk, went for a long walk around my neighborhood, had dinner together, played with toys, and then dozed off to bed while watching TV.
 
What a refreshing Saturday night to have! Jon joked by texting me and saying "how do you like practicing to be a mom?"... I get that he was joking but it got me to thinking and I honestly don't believe anything can really prepare us to be parents. I don't think we will ever truly be "ready". Anyone else feel the same way? It's a scary thought... you know, the decision to take the plunge into parenthood! How can anyone be ready for that? Just thinking out loud...
 
 
 
 
 
 
Isn't she adorable? She's such a lover! Miss her already. And I CAN NOT believe that it is June! Time fly's by. Head on over to By Dawn Nicole to get this free printable calendar and desktop wallpaper! Have a great week.
 
 
 
XoXo 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Hello Bar