Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Easter Weekend Recap

I'm a little late to the game on this one. I was moving slow yesterday so between work and chores around the house, a blog post just didn't get written like I planned {boo!}. Maybe I was just exhausted from our weekend filled with family fun? Last Friday I got off work a little early and was able to stop at my local florist and get a bouquet made for my mother in law's birthday which we were celebrating that night. I then had plenty of time to shower and get ready for dinner... there's just something simply sweet about not having to rush for once! Dinner was at 7pm at Carrabba's {Jon's family is Italian so it was fitting}. We had a great family dinner and decided to continue the festivities at our house afterwards with our niece and nephews. The guys enjoyed a few beers while I played with the kids before calling it a night.

 

One of our nephews, Logan, spent the night so Saturday morning I was up getting the dogs and cat fed as well as a 6 year old which was definitely a change of pace for me! We are re-doing our backyard patio so our first thing to do on Saturday was drop a truck load off at the landfill. I think Logan was just taking it all in lol! On our way to the landfill we passed the local go-kart track and since it was such a beautiful day we decided we definitely had to go drive a few laps afterwards. That took us to about noon and we were ready for lunch so we tried out a new barbecue joint, Flameworks. I got the smoked turkey with mac and cheese and collard greens... mmm talk about comfort food! Since we only had Logan a few more hours before we had to drop him off to his mom, we decided he could pick what we did the rest of the day. Sooo like any typical 6 year old, he picked Chuck e Cheese... it had been a while since I'd been there! I think it's safe to say Jon and I had just as much fun as he did ;) With about an hour to spare we were done with playing games and opted to take Logan to the park. I was amazed at his ability to make new friends... after about a minute he wanted nothing to do with us haha. After dropping Logan off to his mom, we headed back to our area where we picked up some crabs for dinner, relaxed for the night, and watched Dateline.




Sunday morning we allowed ourselves to sleep in... kids sure do where ya out! We weren't planning on making it to church anyways because of the awful crowds... every single year prior we had to stand in the back of the church. I watched Pastor Jentezen Franklin's passage on tv instead. At noon we had to be at my grandparents house which is about 35 mins away in the town I grew up in. My grandmom hosted her favorite Easter egg hunt {her eggs are filled with money so although I think I'm too old to play, I didn't hesitate once she made me} and had a beautiful spread of ham, salads, and the show stopping Polish sausage. At 3pm we left for Jon's aunts house which is right down the street from my grandparents house! They had a beautiful spread as well... so we ate again {hey, it's Easter!}. After enjoying so much family time we decided to call it a day and was home around 7pm. I was dreading having to go to work the next morning haha! I wish all weekends could be like this was. Fun and family is all we need!

 
For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also. Luke 12:34

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Hello Bar