Wednesday, January 22, 2014

First Steps in Wedding Planning

When I got engaged I was overwhelmed because all of a sudden people were asking me questions and I didn't have answers. I am slowly starting to realize that this whole wedding planning thing isn't so stressful after all... IF you take it one step at a time.

1. Bridal Shows- My best friend and I have been to 2 so far and I have found them really helpful. At each one there have been an abundant amount of vendors and they all give you brochures. I love sitting home at night and going through my bag of vendor stuff; I am able to see what my options are! There is a bridal show coming up at the Convention Center in Baltimore for any bride-to-be's who are interested.

2. Theknot.com-  I am in love with this website. You can use their checklist which is amazing and tells you exactly when you need to have certain things done.  I'm also already working on creating my wedding website through them... it's free! Check mine out here!!!

3. Date and venue- Both are set and I am in the process of signing my contract to make it official!!!

4. Registries- According to my checklist, I need to have my registries done right around now. So I've already created them online and this weekend my mom and dad, best friend, and I are going to pick some things out in the store. I can't wait! This is also where my wedding website ties in; guests will be able to learn about where I'm registered at (along with a bunch of other things like where we are going for our honeymoon) all in one place.

My next steps are going to be to create my Save-the-Date's (I'm hand making them!!!), hire a photographer, attend a tasting at my venue, and schedule an appointment for dress shopping.

XoXo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Hello Bar