Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Recipe, Crock pot alfredo stuffed shells!

This is a new favorite of mine for sure. I love Italian dishes... maybe because it's because my mom makes the best stuffed shells and Jon's grandma cooks a meatball that makes me rethink this whole vegetarian thing ;) Looks like I'll have to find a good vegetarian meatball recipe next! Anyways, I decided to make stuff shells but with a twist (Alfredo instead of tomato sauce). 

Here's what you'll need: 
1. Shells (I used jumbo)
2. 16 oz. ricotta cheese
3. 1 egg
4. Spinach (I used fresh but you can also use frozen)
5. Shredded cheese (I used an Italian cheese mix but you could also use just mozzarella)
6. 2 jars of Alfredo sauce
7. 1 onion
8. 1 package of mushrooms
9. 3 cloves of garlic
10. Olive oil, salt, and pepper to taste


How to make the filling:
1. In a bowl mix together the ricotta cheese, 1 egg, spinach, 1 handful of shredded cheese

How to make the topping:
1. Wash mushrooms thoroughly!
2. Chop onion and mushrooms
3. Combine onion, mushrooms, a dash of olive oil, salt, pepper, and 3 pressed garlic cloves

How to cook:
1. Stuff the shells (uncooked) with your filling
2. Spray crock pot with non stick spray
3. Pour some Alfredo sauce as the first layer
4. Put down a layer of shells
5. Sprinkle half of your topping ontop of the shells


6. Repeat- Pour another layer of Alfredo sauce, then shells, then topping
7. Top with the last of your Alfredo sauce and shredded cheese
8. Cook on low for 4-6 hours



XoXo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Hello Bar