Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Review, Chipotle Sofritas

What exactly IS sofritas you may ask? "We start with organic tofu from Hodo Soy that we shred and then braise with chipotle chilis, roasted poblanos, and a blend of aromatic spices. The result is a delicious, spicy tofu that will give vegans and carnivores something they both will love." At least that's what Chipotle says. To me, it's just pure goodness!



Before Chipotle introduced sofritas, I would get a burrito bowl with brown rice, black beans, fajita veggies, mild tomato salsa, corn, cheese, sour cream, guacamole, and lettuce (Over the last year I have decided to cut meat out of my diet for various reasons). Now I get all of that AND the sofritas. Just when I thought Chipotle couldn't get any better, it did. In Chipotle's description of sofritas, it says "spicy tofu". In my own personal opinion it is not spicy at all. It does have a mild smoky flavor to me and I just love it. The ONLY problem I have is now when I get sofritas, Chipotle charges me for guacamole (just like if you would order chicken, steak, etc.) but when I would just get fajita veggies, guacamole was free.



The texture of the tofu is perfect- It is not chewy and it resembles meat. The flavor of the tofu is amazing- It is far from bland and it compliments the other ingredients. In fact I would bet my right hand that in a taste test, meat eaters would not be able to tell that sofritas was not meat. And that most meat eaters would actually prefer it to their normal Chipotle order. If you are a meat eater, vegetarian, or vegan I suggest that all of you give it a try! You really don't know what you're missing out on.



XoXo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Hello Bar