Thursday, January 28, 2016

Faux Wood vs Bamboo Blinds

I never knew how expensive blinds were until I bought my renovated home which had new windows but no blinds! Sure when you look at the cost of just one set of blinds, it doesn't seem so bad. But when you are buying for 15 windows, that cost quickly adds up! We have been in our home for close to 4 years now and we still have temporary blinds on all of our windows {I know, ew}. There's two reasons why it's taken us so long to buy permanent ones: 1. the cost 2. I couldn't decide on what type of blinds I wanted.


I've had my heart set on bamboo blinds for the longest time... I just love the natural look and the price tag! But I haven't taken the plunge and purchased them because I've been so afraid about the lack of privacy. Bamboo blinds are very transparent and that just doesn't work for me.


I still couldn't get over how much I loved the look of bamboo blinds so I was about to order them last night until it dawned on me that wood blinds give a similar look to bamboo blinds! I had no idea at what price point wood blinds would be at because all I've been looking at were bamboo blinds so I did a quick search and found that faux wood blinds were the right choice for me. They give a natural look, are low cost, and provide privacy! I went with these blinds in golden oak and I can't wait for them to be delivered. I really hope they end up working for me! Stay tuned, I'll give an update shortly.





For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also. Luke 12:34

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Hello Bar