Thursday, February 11, 2016

Ash Wednesday {A sermon and Devotionals}

I know I'm a little late to the game this week... I posted about #tacoTuesday on Wednesday and now I'm posting about Ash Wednesday on Thursday. Sometimes that's just how life works... it's busy, things come up, and if we aren't careful we forget to include God in our daily lives. Which brings me to what I want to talk about today: Ash Wednesday. My schedule didn't allow for me to make it to mass yesterday so on my lunch break at work I watched a sermon on my computer. This sermon was done by Pastor Justin Rossow at Peace Lutheran Church in Hurst, TX in 2012. I loved it! His words really spoke to me.


I encourage you to take the short 15 minutes to watch as well. Pastor Rossow talks about Christians who do not live like Christians. So I thought to myself: "I'm a Christian and I truly try every day to live for God but there has to be places I'm lacking!". That's when I had an ah-hah moment. For over a year now I've been subscribed to Proverbs 31 Ministries daily emails. At first I read those emails every single day... I made it a priority. But lately I've found the "delete" button to be too convenient. When I'm busy I just click delete and choose not to read the devotional that day. So for Lent this year, I'm giving up that delete button. Life can't be too busy for God and I need to make it a priority to spend time every single day reading those devotionals


Here's to getting back on track! What have you chosen to give up for Lent this year? I'd love to hear about that and how you decided to give it up.


For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also. Luke 12:34

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Hello Bar