Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Recipe, Crock Pot Chicken n' Dumplings

My nanny made the best chicken n' dumplings. To this day when I think about them, I swear I can taste them in my mouth. I wish you could all taste them too because they were to die for. Unfortunately my nanny passed away and no one ever got her recipe. I'm sure she didn't even have one though... making chicken n' dumplings was like second nature to her. Every now and then I get a craving for them and I do a crock pot version. Let me assure you, these are NOTHING like my nanny's. But they're still good and worth sharing to all of you!


What you'll need:
1. 1 lb boneless chicken breasts
2. 2 cans of cream of chicken soup
3. Refrigerator biscuits
4. 1 chopped onion
5. Frozen peas
6. Halfed baby carrots
7. 2 tablespoons of butter

What to do:
1. Combine your veggies and 2 tablespoons of butter. Then add the chicken and soup.


2. Cook on low for 8 hours or high for 4 hours
3. Cut uncooked biscuits into smaller portions and add to the crock pot. Stir. Cook for another 30 minutes.


Note: I used an entire can of biscuits and in my opinion it was a bit much. Perhaps use 1/2 or 3/4 of a can instead?

XoXo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Hello Bar