Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Freddie Gray

I have been torn with whether I should post this or not. At first I didn't want to give any more attention to this terrible terrible situation which shows Baltimore in a bad light. In the end I feel I should address what has been going on in my city, my home. After all, this is my little piece of blog-land to do what I please... I hope you don't mind and I apologize if you don't agree with something I say :)


I'm sure by now you have all heard about 25 year old Baltimorean, Freddie Gray. On April 19, 2015 he died of a severe spinal cord injury after police arrested him. Freddie Gray was laid to rest yesterday... may his soul be at peace now.



Since Freddie's death, the city that I was born and raised in, has turned upside down. What the media has documented has nothing to do with Freddie Gray's wrongful death and everything to do with black vs. white, civilian vs. police, and angry senseless rioting. Peaceful protests have been spoiled by rotten individuals. Something I cannot and will not respect. I proudly support the police and would like to make that known. I would also like to make known that I love the country I was born in. I am disgusted by the people of Baltimore who tore down the American flag at City Hall and lit it on fire. If you do not like this country, then leave. In fact, PLEASE DO. The hypocrisy of the people who burned the flag is unreal. They desecrated the very flag that represents the Constitution that gives them the right to protest and assemble to begin with. They desecrated the very flag that protects the freedoms they are demanding. I wish they knew how ignorant and uneducated they made Baltimore look to the rest of the world. I am ashamed.


I am also ashamed of our mayor, Stephanie Rawlings-Blake who stated that she gave protesters "space to destroy". I'm sorry, what? Destroying our city is unacceptable and those who would like to do so, should not be given space for it. They should be given space in a jail cell. Her lack of leadership and accountability is the reason it took so long for the National Guard to be activated. Ultimately I believe Governor Larry Hogan should be recognized for stepping up to the plate in this time of need. Bravo to him!


As for the Freddie Gray case that is being overshadowed by rioters, there is no doubt in my mind that the 8 police officers who arrested Freddie used excessive force. Shame on them. I pray that justice is served. There is also no doubt in my mind that Freddie Gray was a problem citizen. You can see his criminal background here or by going to the Maryland Judiciary Case Search and searching "Freddie Gray". If you don't want to have a problem with police officers then don't break the law. Plain and simple.

{I HIGHLY respect this...}


{... NOT this}



That's all I have for now folks. I'm afraid if I say more, it may not be contained. I hope you don't mind me using this blog to share my personal feelings about what is currently going on in my city. Have a great day and a great week and please pray for Baltimore! Today we clean up the mess... 



XoXo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Hello Bar